The internal consultation involved our global senior management,
and it was carried out through:
- Direction: CEO and all members of the Executive Board and
other Directors appointed pursuant to the bylaws.
- Board of Directors: Two board members, one being
- Managing Directors: Five directors representing the countries
that have the greatest socioenvironmental and economic impact for
the company: USA, China, South Africa, Mexico and Germany
Consultation with Stakeholders
The consultation sought to understand the perspectives and
perceptions of the main stakeholders from different countries, who
are an essential part of the process to identify our material
issues. The stakeholders consulted were:
- Employees: Members of the six countries in which WEG has the
greatest socio-environmental and economic impact (Brazil, USA,
China, South Africa, Mexico and Germany). They were chosen by the
respective Managing Directors of each country.
- Investors: 10 global investors.
- Customers: 10 global customers.
- Suppliers: 10 global suppliers.
- Local community and organized civil society: 5 social
- Trade associations: 5 trade associations.
Form of Consultation
The consultation process was online.
To apply the consultation, 18 topics relevant in the context of
sustainability were identified. Within this scope and with the
possibility of including new topics, we carried out a consultation
with internal staff and the main stakeholders. The action was
intended to identify the aspects with capacity and potential to
affect our value generation, impacting our strategy, governance and
performance. And the result will be used as an important source for
planning and aligning our report with our stakeholders’
expectations and demands.
The consultation process classified the following aspects:
The next materiality cycle is scheduled for the second semester
Relation of Material Topics to Capitals:
- Financial Capital: Inovation and technology
- Intellectual Capital: Inovation and technology
- Human Capital: Ethics and integrity; Health and safety at
- Social and relatioship capital: Ethics and integrity;
Investor relations; Customer relations.