WEG announces an agreement for the acquisition of BirminD, a technology company active in the artificial intelligence market for industrial processes. WEG already held a controlling interest of 51% in the company and has now acquired the remaining 49% of the shares, making the company sole owner.

The purchase is part of WEG's digital business growth strategy, which since 2020 has used BirminD technology in its solutions. This has included products and services such as B-WISE and Motion Drive Operation Center (MDOC), which is a monitoring system for industrial assets using data sensing and diagnostics based on artificial intelligence insights and machine learning algorithms. This acquisition is in line with the global business strategy of developing new products and services to optimize asset management, energy management and execution management for their customers’ operations.

“With the conclusion of this transaction, we will continue with the development of products that were already underway at BirminD, as well as promote an even greater integration of the Sorocaba teams with other teams in the company, involved with other WEG Artificial Intelligence projects and software product development. The operation will be maintained in its entirety, which also includes employees and service providers”, says Carlos José Bastos Grillo, Managing Director of WEG Digital & Systems business unit.

Founded in 2015, in Sorocaba, state of São Paulo, Brazil, BirminD was founded as a provider of industrial optimization solutions focused on bringing the most advanced concepts of industrial analytics, one of the pillars of Industry 4.0. The company serves medium and large customers by offering advanced solutions using machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques.