WEG Japan, one of the WEG Group subsidiaries, has been awarded an important contract for the the supply of four Flameproof Tube-Cooled motors and spare parts for a large scale fertilizer production plant in the Middle East area.
The contract was obtained under a framework agreement with the Japanse company Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd (MHPS), which is regarded as a world leader of fertilizer production plants, includes several large-size 2 pole Flameproof Motors for Gas Group IIC such as:
• 1x 2320kW, 2 pole, 6kV, 50Hz, B3, Ex II 2G Ex de IIC T4, Frame Size 800
• 1x 1640kW, 2 pole, 6kV, 50Hz, B3, Ex II 2G Ex de IIC T4, Frame Size 710
• 2x 1250kW, 2 pole, 6kV, 50Hz, B3, Ex II 2G Ex de IIC T4, Frame Size 560
Designed and manufactured at the WEG Maia facility in Portugal, these flameproof motors will be driving Boiler Feed Water, Lean and Semi-Lean Solution Pumps.
Specifically designed for the application, these motors are provided with a package of technical features including:
• Ex II 2G Ex de IIC T4 Gb;
• Is/In =5.5 + 0% tolerance;
• Special sunshade for direct sun exposure protection;
• Guaranteed Sound pressure level of 82dB(A) @ no load condition;
• Both bearings insulated and grounding brush;
• Neutral terminal box;
• Differential protection CT´s.
WEG considers that the success of becoming the preferred supplier for this project was not only to its credibility and to the expertise to supply customized solutions, but also due to WEG’s customer focused approach, which ranges from tendering stage to after sale support.
Since the establishment date, the Maia facility has been created to be WEG´s Centre of Excellence for the design and manufacture of Flameproof Motors and has proven once again that it is prepared to address the requirements of the major worldwide projects for classified area products.